Restorative Dentist in Millburn
What is restorative dentistry? Restorative dentistry focuses on the full restoration or replacement of damaged or missing teeth. You may need a restorative dentistry procedure from time to time to eliminate dental pain, decay, deterioration, or repair a previously restored or fractured tooth.Schedule the restorative dentistry appointment you need with us today. You can trust Dr. Shick and the experienced team at Dental Charm to provide the advanced restorative treatment you need to regain your healthy and confident smile. Dr. Shick is a trusted restorative dentist, now delivering quality care daily throughout Millburn, NJ and the surrounding communities.
Your Restorative Dentistry Options
- Tooth-Colored Fillings: These are the most common type of dental restoration. Decayed teeth can be seamlessly restored with tooth-colored plastic materials and composite resin fillings.
- Crowns: Crowns are small caps that can be placed over a tooth to restore its natural shape, size, strength, and appearance. They can also be used to secure a bridge or cover a dental implant.
- Bridges: These are false teeth designed to "bridge the gap” created by one or more missing teeth. They are anchored on either side by dental crowns and cemented permanently into place.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are replacement tooth roots. These small titanium posts are placed into the bone sockets of missing teeth. The implant is then covered with a replacement crown, bridge, or denture. Implants are the only restorative method that can prevent bone loss after tooth loss.
- Dentures: Dentures are removable replacements for missing teeth. They are made of acrylic resin sometimes combined with metal attachments. Full dentures replace all the teeth while partial dentures can replace one or more missing teeth.
- Root Canal Treatment: A root canal can be used to repair and save a tooth that is severely decayed or infected. During the procedure, the infected nerve and inner pulp are removed from inside the tooth, which is then clean, disinfected, and sealed. Without root canal treatment, the tissue surrounding the tooth will become infected and the tooth will eventually require extraction.
- Extractions/Oral Surgery: Before we consider tooth extraction, every effort will be made to repair and restore your damaged or decayed tooth. However, sometimes a tooth extraction is necessary, as with painful impacted wisdom teeth or teeth fractured below the gum line.
Do You Need Restorative Dentistry?
Restorative dentistry can do a lot more than just improve the appearance of your smile. Restoring a natural tooth to its full form and function, or replacing missing teeth with dental implants, bridges, or full or partial dentures, promotes your long term dental health. Filling in empty spaces in the mouth can help prevent decay and gum disease among your remaining teeth while reducing the extra stress on them caused by your reduced chewing surface area.
Millburn Restorative Dentistry Appointments
If you have damaged or missing teeth, schedule the restorative dentistry appointment you need to stay healthy and smiling with Dr. Shick at Dental Charm today. Dr. Shick proudly serves patients daily throughout Millburn, NJ and the neighboring communities.