Dental Implants in Millburn
Dr. Shick offers modern tooth loss solutions. Whether your teeth are lost through dental trauma, dental disease, or decay, dental implants are an excellent tooth replacement choice. Dental implants will allow you to enjoy any food you want, they look and feel like real teeth, and they are the closest replacement method to your natural smile. If you suffer from tooth loss, schedule a dental implants consultation appointment with Dr. Shick and Dental Charm today. Dr. Shick is a highly qualified dental implants specialist, now proudly serving patients daily throughout Millburn, NJ and the surrounding communities.
What Are Dental Implants?
Your teeth have two main components; a crown, which shows above the gum line, and a root, which anchors your tooth below the gum line. When you lose a tooth, you can replace both components with a new dental implant. Dental implants are made of biocompatible titanium which can fuse directly to the jaw bone in a natural process called osseointegration. The implant itself replaces the missing root and can be covered with a prosthetic crown or denture.
How Are Dental Implants Placed?
- First, an incision is made in your gum tissue for the implant to be placed. In cases where there is insufficient bone structure, a bone grafting procedure may be needed before this step.
- Once healthy bone material is found, a special drill is used to prepare the bone to receive the implant.
- After the bone has been prepared, the implant is gently placed and the surrounding tissue is sutured.
- After implant placement, the healing process can take three to six months. In this time, the implant will naturally fuse with your jaw bone to form a permanent and stable anchor.
- When the gum tissue has fully healed a special post (abutment) is attached.
- After impressions are taken, a custom dental crown (or denture) is fabricated, connected to the implant post, and cemented.
- Your final prosthetic crown or denture will appear as a natural tooth.
- Natural Looking
- Low Maintenance
- Fixed and Permanent
- Healthy Bone Preservation
- Protects Long Term Dental Health
- Will Never Decay
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implant Restorations?
To permanently restore your natural smile, schedule a dental implants consultation appointment with Dr. Shick and Dental Charm today. Dr. Shick is an experienced dental implants expert, now delivering quality care daily throughout Millburn, NJ and the neighboring areas.